GATE Exam 2018 Eligibility Criteria:-
- Those Candidates Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (4 years after 10+2/ Post-B.Sc./ Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates in the second or higher year of Four-year integrated master's degree programs (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year integrated master's degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by iE(i), AMICE(i) by the institute of Civil Engineers (India)-iCE(i)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech.
GATE Exam Application Procedure :-
GATE 2018 Online form is available on the official website from September 01, 2017.
It can be filled online through GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System). The GATE Registration closes on October 04, 2017.
- The candidate has to follow 3 steps primarily to register online for GATE 2018.
- The candidate has to register and create a candidate’s login on the website of GOAPS.
- Provide your email-ID, phone number and create a password to register.
- Then the candidate has to fill the GATE Application Form and upload the scanned images of Photograph and Signature in JPEG format.
- The next step before final submission of the GATE Online Application Form is fee payment.
- The application fee for female, SC/ST candidates is INR 750 while it is INR 1500 for other candidates.
- The application fee can be paid in either online or offline mode.
How to fill the GATE Online Application Form
The steps followed to fill the GATE 2017 Online Application form are explained below:
Registration- Visit the official website of GOAPS. Enter few personal details, a valid e-mail ID and mobile number. Create a password which will be used to login later.
Filling GATE 2017 Application Form- Enter your personal and educational details in the application form for GATE. Preview the form to verify the information entered and modify the incorrect immediately to avoid discrepancies later. Note that the applications cannot be modified post final submission.
Fee payment- After saving application form candidate can make the payment by net banking, debit card and e-challan. After paying GATE application fees, a fee payment number is generated which candidate can note for the later stages of the GATE Selection process.
GATE Form Correction
- GATE Form Correction enables candidates to edit or modify the incorrect information given in the GATE Online Application form.
- The correction window opens for the candidates who are intimated about any incorrect information.
Candidates can make the following changes in GATE application form:
- Examination City
- Instructions for GATE Form Correction
- Candidates can make corrections in Application Form onilne
- Corrections can be done against the online payment
- Challan will not be accepted
GATE Exam Reservation Details :-
Similarly, reservation of seats under different categories is as per the policies and norms prevailing at the admitting institution and Government of India rules.
GATE offices will not entertain any enquiry about admission, reservation of seats and/or award of scholarship/assistantship.
For admission of International candidates, a common admission portal is being developed and International candidates shall be informed about it well in time on this GATE website www.gate.iitr.ernet.in
GATE Exam Pattern 2018
GATE Syllabus 2018
GATE Preparation Tips
GATE Exam Center 2018
GATE cut off
GATE Application Procedure 2018